Take a look around.
Meet the other ladies.
WHERE I AM
In 2009, I quit my job of 10 years to pursue my business full time (I was completely miserable and the job environment had become very toxic – a sista needed a break!). I had a plan! I had talent! I had a customer base! I was going to be successful! Right? Well, not exactly. I increased my sales and got my merch into local shops, but it wasn’t enough. Eight months later, I was broke and found myself with a crushed ego. I started looking for a new job…six months later, I found one. During this time I did not pick up a needle or a hook. I was mentally tired and creatively drained. I entertained the idea of quitting my business for good, but while on a trip to Denver last spring, I was inspired. My creative juices started flowing again and I made the decision to rededicate myself to Butta.Fly Wears.
The bulk of my business in 2011 was custom orders. This year, I see myself starting from scratch by regaining online visibility (social media, blogging) and building sales virtually (by stocking the shop regularly) as well as locally (fairs/festivals). Planning and goal setting has always been something I struggled with (I’ve always been a “fly by the seat of you pants” kind of girl), but over the last several months I have come to understand how important those two things are.
Here are a list of goals I have set so far:
- do 10 fairs/festivals (summer and holiday)
- get 10 wholesale accounts
- create a better visual presentation for events
- build a website
- expand into clothing and jewelry
- create a new brand identity package
- get 750 email subscribers
- create look book
In three months:
- have a completed summer collection
- have completed photography for summer collection
- have 200 mailing list subscribers
- have a booth at a local fair/festival
- start executing spring/summer 2012 collection
- contact graphic designer re: brand identity
- choose mailing list service/add 60 subscribers
- blog 3x week (at least)
- take pics of merch
- update shop
That’s all I got for now. Don’t forget to check out Ann’s, Lesley’s, and Sherisa’s posts today!This entry was posted in 6011 Collective. Bookmark the permalink. ← And The Coffee Was Amazing What Would You Do if You Could not Fail? →